Monday, May 23, 2011

Motorstorm Apocalypse


I've fallen into that bugged eyed trap of various racing games in the past. I always have felt frustrated, but at the same time entertained by high speed racing games. The frustration seemed to have been my predominant feeling and that led me to avoid this type of game for quite some time now. It's not like I am bad at gaming, but the precision required  to beat the challenges in racing games was just not there for me. So, I was reluctant to start up Motorstorm: Apocalypse for this very reason. But...I did decide to give it a spin since my 5 year old was very interested after watching a gameplay trailer. Boy am I glad that I gave it a shot! This is another game that makes me feel like my eyes are going to pop out of my head from a combination of high speeds and flashy graphics, but it sort of feels good. There are a number of different types of vehicles to race and as progress in the story mode you will unlock even more. The real fun I am finding is in the online gameplay. I have been overwhelmed by multiplayer racing for some time now, but the sheer fun of M:A quickly helped me get over this. I am still working on beating the story mode so I can utilize all the cool vehicles this game has to offer. I will beat this game, I will beat this game!

No comments:

Post a Comment