Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First New Console of E3



Well, rumor had it that Nintendo was announcing a new console this year at E3 and that rumor proved to be true. Scheduled to be released sometime next year Wii U looks very promising. I own a Wii, but was never really impressed with it. In fact all my Wii does at this point is collect dust. BUT I find myself pretty excited about the Wii U. Seems like Nintendo is recognizing that they alienated hardcore gamers in the past and is doing something about that. Wii U looks to output 1080p over HDMI, and talk of M-rated third party games is already underway. What seems iffy to me is the controller. They seem to be fusing almost like an iPad type device with a controller. It has a 6.2 inch touch screen that can used in place of a television if needed. It looks clunky to me, but intriguing.  I am eager to see how this all plays out for Nintendo.


1 comment: