Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The kiddos are diggin'

My young'uns are exactly that..young! I have a 4 year old son and a 2 year old daughter. Both of them enjoy gaming on their own little levels and I find myself constantly struggling to find games simple enough for both of them to play. So far Learning with the PooYoos (available via download from Nintendo's WiiWare)  has proven to be their favorite so far. This game is very simple and rather short, but I find them playing it over and over. It is also a great game to teach little ones the basics of using the Wiimote. The colorful animation and simple gameplay proves that the game is geared towards toddlers, a rare instance in the gaming world. In a way it reminds me a show they would watch on Nick Jr. or Playhouse Disney. There are two game modes to chose from, one that my 2 year old has no problem with, and the other slightly more difficult. The onscreen characters guide the player through some simple games with actions that require them to point the Wiimote and push one button. There is even a stage in the game where the children are encouraged to dance along with the game characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment